Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

March is Here!

I'm so glad March is here...which means that Spring is right around the corner. So Spring is a time of renewal, a time of newness, and hope. How wonderful! Still, I will not get my first manicure until April...that is just the way in Chicago. I'm always fooled by the first warm days, and then it snows and my pedicure goes unseen and inevitably, it gets warm and my toes are a mess. But I digress.

Yesterday's yoga class was difficult. There's no way around it. I hadn't practiced since Saturday, but that couldn't possible be it. I will practice tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted whether or not it was the same.

I guess I'm just stalling for time...I let someone read Taming Roland, my first reader. Just to update y'all, it's sometimes helpful to have an unbiased reader early in the project to give you feedback (hopefully honest). So I've done that. I can't wait to hear back (which won't be until Tuesday, so please send me patience via osmosis). I made all my co-workers read early renditions of HER ESSENCE (back when it was The Space Between). More nervous about this one.

Giving someone your first early draft is more intense than anything I've experienced, and nothing compares to it. Well, maybe something, but this is a family blog, so I'll leave it at that.

I've identified a reader for About Bryant. I'll keep you posted on the progress on both...and the feedback. If my readers are reading this...no pressure...I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters