Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A New Day

So here we are. A new focus, a new day, a new adventure.

In today's yoga practice, I tried to recreate what was last week. During shavasana, I used a bolster to create space in my chest. I wanted to see if I'd experience the popping again. No, I didn't. Moral: don't look back, only forward, which is the focus of this article.

I figure, if the pressure is on, i.e., I'm saying to the world (or to the three committed friends I have who read my blog)that I will realize my goal to publish Her Essence (and other novels to follow), then, I will push myself to not give up. I mean, what will the three of you think of me if I just quit, right?

Here is my status today:

Her Essence

Waiting to hear back from Agents Y, X, W, and V via email. Will follow-up with snail mail to agent Y. Retrieved address from website, will mail today, if not Monday. Waiting to hear back from Agents U and T, these were mailed last week.

Taming Roland

Currently on page 58, 15,628 words. I got a lot of good things down on paper, and then on the computer this past week. Very emotional book for me and thus harder to write...more on that later.

About Bryant

Currently on page 42, 10,572 words. I took the manuscript (if it can be called that at this early stage...maybe mani???) to a quaint little coffee shop this morning where I broke through my plateau and was able to make the story flow a bit better. Very happy with the progress on this one, not so happy with the coffee at the little shop, but it was a rather nice setting and I got a lot of work done, so no real complaint.

There you have it. Feel free to respond with positive messages and encouragement.

Andrea

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will never quit...you don't know how to !

Anyway, it's only a matter of time until that particullar destiny is reached. It will happen...

2:14 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks Janice for the words of encouragement! You're right, I've come too far to stop now.

Keep reading,
Andrea

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters