Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Can't Get That Song Outta' My Head

So! I’ve been thinking about the song from yesterday’s blog. I LOVE music. I dream about music, I am the constant channel changer (much to the chagrin of anyone who drives with me), I have always loved all music, my musical taste not at all hampered by stereotypes, friends, family or anything else of the sort (much like my penchant for non-matching clothes). I am not, however, musical...but that's another story.

Did you recall the song from Outfield? If not, think back to the last time you heard a song you LOVED...and hadn't heard it for more than a year...right. There's the state I want you in...

Anyhow, after hearing the Outfield song (and engaging in that euphoria that is the oldie but goodie), I thought, “Gotta get that on the iPod," and I added it to the list I keep. Later, I thought, no. Definitely don’t want that one on the iPod and I’ll tell you why. There is something special about hearing an old favorite song on the radio. You relive that time when the song was popular or just ‘your song.’ It makes that day just that much more special when you reconnect with an 'old friend'. When the song’s on the iPod, you can call it up at anytime, there’s no fanfare, no surprise, no…nothing, just the song.

I have found that there’s nothing better than hearing an old favorite when you least expect it. It's like a two-fer: you have your fond memories from way back when, and you have your new memory. I'll always link that song to the positive response (and it was positive!!!!) I received regarding HER ESSENCE. And what does that have to do with yoga? Absolutely nothing, HUH! (did you get that???)

To my friends on the Eastcoast: Sorry to hear about the snow...perhaps you can take extra time to catch up on my blog;-)

By the way, I will get back to the yoga and art article...soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters