Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

That Odd Feeling (In Yoga)

As I discussed on Sunday, I felt very odd things happening during the final resting pose in yoga. Sundays, the class ends a bit late as there are no other classes following it and it runs from 9:30-10:45 or so. At about 10:25, we prepared for Baddha-kona-asana or the restrained or bound angle pose (I wish I could tell you about this pose…we use a strap to bind our legs and feet, hence ‘restrained’). We coupled this with shavasana, as we used a bolster to lie back on—which is nice because the restrained angle pose really opens up the knees, lower back and to some extent the second chakra (houses creativity), and lying back on the bolster really opens up the fourth or heart chakra.

We were given the option of untangling ourselves from bound angle and relax in a more common shavasana where we just lie flat (corpse pose). I opted to stay in bound angle as I had done so just one other time, and found the experience rather refreshing and it resulted in my feeling as if I’d grown an inch (no doubt due to the posture benefits of the pose when coupled with shavasana) and I laid like that for ten minutes or so.

Now for the odd feeling; I felt a popping (that’s the best way to describe it) in the center of my chest. It was inaudible (hopefully), but there was definitely movement or something close. AND it didn’t alarm me in the least! Lastly, I felt as if someone was pulling on my right ear. I’ve never felt that before, and I’m sure I’m not explaining it well as I have absolutely nothing to compare it to.

No. I have no idea what any of it means, or even if it means. But it was an odd experience when you couple it with everything else that happened that morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters