Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Dharma, Karma, and Lies, Oh My!

Just this past weekend, Blythe, who has fully adjusted to her new schedule with Mommy commuting to the city four days a week, and attending an 8:30 yoga class on my one day off (don’t worry, I practice solo and on the weekends to make up for lost practice), awoke promptly at 6:30 Saturday morning.

She bounded into my room full of energy (that only people her age have) and enthusiasm as she held her ‘blue princess dress’ out for me to examine and revere. “Mommy, I can wear my princess dress today. It’s clean!”

Clearly, I wasn’t as enthused about the blue dress as she was…and it was 6:30 on Saturday morning, one of my two days to sleep in. “Blythe, honey, that’s great,” was all I could manage as I tried to open my eyes.

“Isn’t it great, what could be better? I can wear my butterfly tights because it matches, right???”

I fought very hard to match her vigor and sat up, “Yes! I mean no, nothing could be better, let’s get dressed!”

It must be nice to awake, knowing what you want. Knowing what you want out of the day, to know what you’re driven to do that day. For children, it’s so simple: to mimic a princess, to be the quarterback (sorry guys, I don’t have a son or a brother…no clue what you want as kids). That’s kinda’ like dharma. To interpret it loosely: dharma can be described as your ‘life purpose.’

Apparently, we all have one and we will flounder around the Earth until we connect with ourselves long enough to determine what our special purpose is.

Karma can be described as “fate” or “fatalism.” In other words, there’s no escaping it: Murphy’s Law, Que sera’, sera’, and all the sort.

So, if we understand karma correctly, can we assume that one can not achieve one’s dharma due to bad karma? A lie I say! I completely believe that dharma and karma are connected, as karma has been linked to past lives and the sort, but I refuse to blog about that…much too in depth and I am no expert on the subject. HOWEVER, if there were ‘goings on’ in your last life that were left ‘unfinished’ let’s say, then perhaps, you have an opportunity to work it out in this present life.

I promise that’s as ‘new age’ as I intend to get.

These are just my thoughts and insights…do with them what you will. And by the way, I did not have an opportunity to view the entire movie (Constant Gardner) this weekend, choosing sleep over enlightenment (not sure yet if enlightenment is meant to be had…just an hour into the movie but I promise Wednesday is my movie day), and perhaps Blythe is intended to marry VERY well and become the princess of some wonderful country/continent/land/world…what could be better? I've decided not to burn the blue dress.

Thoughts on the subject?

2 Comments:

Blogger Filmfemme21 said...

Hi Andrea. It's not bother! I think I went to http://easyhitcounters.com. It was really easy to do.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, let her have her fun and be a princess. There are only so many times one will feel like a princess. May she feel like one forever!

A Grandmother

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters