Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, June 19, 2006

50 and Barry

OKAY, so 50 and Barry. I knew I’d catch a little flack for that one. I put it out there anyway. Okay, so, I’ll try to explain.

50 is a train wreck. You can’t turn away. You’re pulled in. Despite the harsh lyrics and he attempts to sing in that NY stained mumble, it lightens the mood. You can’t be angry, only amused—nor can you take him seriously. Some of the songs are rather explicit, as they tend to be these days. It’s not that sex is something new to sing about, (a la Barry White) I just think it’s gotten a little out of hand. Consider this lyric by 50 “If I focus when I’m strokin’ I can change how you walk.” This is by far one of the tamer lyrics.

You probably missed it. Again, the mumble.

Anyhow, I ran into Mr. White in Hawaii at the airport. He was larger than life. I felt compelled to look in his direction, perhaps his aura pulling my attention. As for 50, the ‘G-Unit’ bus was parked outside the House of Blues one day when I was strolling past, on my way either to or from lunch (back when I actually worked for a living). Apparently, I caught the driver’s eye, and he proceeded to inform me about his employer (as if I missed ALL of the artwork all over the bus). I thanked him for his flattery and kept walking. Not interested. So perhaps a 50 near miss?

And no, I don’t really compare the two. Barry was a great singer. I know this. Ok, so emails about the comparison can stop now right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

hahahaha!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

No. I didn't throw myself up against the airport wall when I ran into Barry (though, I wanted to...)

Reply to email

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters