Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Feng Shui Moments

Since receiving, Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life by Karen Carter, a gift from a dear friend, I have witnessed many minor miracles. I can't write about them all here as this is a family-friendly blog, but those I can, I will. But trust me, it's all been good and I can now explain the 16 and 80 year old infatuation. All fixed. No more worries and no more old men and teens- so far!

The latest activity surrounds my car. One of the principles of feng shui is to decrease clutter. Well, anyone who's driven with me knows that clutter would describe my car to a 't' and that would be kind.

In feng shui, messes block the chi or positive vibe (note: this is as new agey as I plan to get. Keep reading!) Anyhow, the mess didn't bother me although I kept trying to straighten it up. I gave up the ghost and got it completely cleaned (with help).

My car has stopped making 'the cringing noise' as I described it to the dealership. They drove it for a half hour (wasting my precious gas) and never heard the sound. And now, neither do I. If I had known that was all it would take!

Anyhow, the car is running smoothly, it's clean, visitors don't have to fear for the safety and cleanliness of their clothes, and I can breath a sigh of relief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Hey Andrea,
Thanks for visiting my blog.

I've read about feng shui on some websites and I find it fascinating. I have to get a book. This book sounds like a good start. The basic principle of clearing clutter and letting the chi flow makes complete sense to me, but if it can fix the car and my love life, then I'm in. :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters