Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Change

As I was driving my rather boring and familiar path this morning...to the health club (for yoga!) to Whole Foods, and back home, I questioned if I'd taken the right path at almost every street.

Everything is blooming, and thus bigger and greener, and different. Every street looked unfamiliar from just a few days ago. I knew instinctively where to turn, as I take this route ALL THE TIME, yet, once on the street, I would slow down and look for familiar landmarks. I wouldn't feel comfortable until I saw the little white and green school, or the beautiful mansion I envision living in one day...I want it to look just like that one.

Anyhow, as I was driving home, several thoughts flooded my brain. The first of which, "SPRING IS HERE!!! YEA!" The other thoughts turned more somber. It's a stretch as far as transitions go, but what the hey...it's *my* blog and I'll transition the way I want.

I began thinking about people. The people I interact with on a daily basis, simply because we occupy this space together at this time. So not people I associate with purposely or may work with, but people who also shop at Whole Foods, or work out at my health club, or neighbors...

Anyhow, I began to think about the way they take who I am for granted, giving me a script that I'm supposed to play out. I don't like being assigned things. Not by bosses, not by extraneous people, and everyone inbetween. When you're on auto-pilot, as I was driving today, you miss out on the beauty the trees hold. You miss the change. You miss out on the detail, and it's in the detail that such beautiful things are found.

People who only see me superficially miss out on who it is I really am, the beauty of me. When relationships/associations start out like that, and I can claim about a million as corporate America is the PRIME example of this, everyone is disappointed. The boss who put you in a square box, and later found out you were actually a circle (after much turmoil and frustration by both), and you because you hoped this person was different and would view you as an individual, and not a stereotype. It's sad really, but that's exactly how people are going through life. They may see the trees change, etc., but they're not seeing the beauty in each other.

I read a blog the other day, I'm not sure where, and even if I did, I probably couldn't link to it...for another day...anyway, it asks you to write 10 things you want to say to someone. I can only think of one: Stop judging me, for goodness' sake. If you have nothing positive to think, then just stop thinking of me all together.

For lunch today, I'm preparing tuna with guacamole and I'm having a glass of champagne with strawberries. I'm celebrating my beautiful self.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters