Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Driving is the single most unfeminine thing I do on a daily basis. Really...and I’m all about sports, playing them as well as watching. When driving, you must sit with your legs separated, arms out in front…at least one arm for me, as I like to drive with my hand on my hip—not that anyone can see this sexy stance. Not to mention maneuvering in and out of the darned things (cars). Trying to be cute while driving is really a feat, hats off to those of us that make it happen.

Speaking of arms out in front, why do people drive with two hands on the steering wheel when we have knees?

If politicians love to hear themselves speak, is it also strange but true logic that figures actors love to see themselves and writers enjoy reading their own words?

Why do we have terms/words in the English language like: Old Soul, Reincarnation, Karma and Past lives? Is there any truth to these notions and if so—what’s the real deal please? Do I have another shot at this or what?

Speaking of past lives, I wonder what would happen if you ran into yourself by chance. Say you’re a history buff and you read about some king or queen that really made a difference, or not…and it was you in a past life? Would that cause one to go insane if they figured out that it was they?

Let’s take this idea one step further, if you’ll allow me to digress…let’s take someone really notorious…like Adolf Hitler.

1. Here’s a person who’s ego entered a room well before he did (let’s just say he liked himself plenty).
2. The ultimate elitist
3. He never drank
4. He never smoked
5. He loved his wife (I’m guessing less than he loved himself…but whatever)
6. Controversial to say the least

If you believe in karma/past lives, etc., who would he be today?

Really, who do you think???





My guess is James Frey. Now wait a minute, let me explain:

1. Here’s a person who really hated himself, so much so that his life was one of the most destructive paths recorded (if you believe certain parts of the book)
2. Just your liking him was enough to put you on the bad list with him…it wasn’t you who wasn’t good enough, it was him
3. He drank…a lot
4. He smoked anything he could fit into a crack pipe
5. Let’s just say he had relationship problems with women
6. A Million Little Pieces = One big controversy
7. I’m not sure if he’s Jewish, but let’s just say for kicks and grins he is. Perhaps cause for all the self hate… what if you were Adolf and came back as a Jewish person…hmmm. It would explain a lot about James, no?

Just a thought, albeit random.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

This had me laughing up a storm! Yep, I have to agree, if Hitler came back, it would be as Frye!

(((((Andrea)))) thanks for the laughs!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you for the fabulous comment!!! I told y'all I've been going through something (and thus holding back!)

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANDREA!!!! Very funny!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one....especially the James Frye bit!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Okay...comics and humorists write bits. BUT, I'll take the compliment regardless.

Thanks for laughing.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters