Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Back to the Basics

This weekend, the only classes available were ‘Yoga I,’ a more basic form of yoga, intended for novices and those of us who do not want to take Yoga II, I suppose. Being true to my nature, I am a competitive person, so I typically stick with the Yoga II classes. I like challenging myself, and pushing to my limits…too much sometimes.

A challenge wouldn’t be in effect this past weekend (or so I thought!), as I was unavailable for my class of preference. I decided to take the Yoga I class anyway. I’m glad I did. I had a wonderful session (with Amy) where I was able to focus on my poses, my form and my own reaction to the practice. I found it very refreshing as I stretched fully into Warrior Two, took chair deeper than usual, my arms straighter than typical in my Yoga II class. I was even able to hold my balance longer in Half Moon Pose, reflecting inwardly as I held my foot in dandasana.

Shavasana was wonderful, needless to say. I suppose I just needed to get back to basics, and change things up a bit now that I’m out of my slump. I highly recommend stepping out of your comfort level and shaking things up (or stretching things out as the case may be).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just goes to show...looking backwards so often helps in looking forwards...! Maybe I should try some of that...:)

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters