Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Interesting Thoughts About Soulmates

I've received a few email messages about my little blog on soulmates. I'll share a few: One person wanted to know what you should do if you meet your soulmate POST marriage. Another thinks we're entitled to more than one soulmate (how fun would that be?) And still another didn't believe in soulmates, and believes it's just an excuse to not commit (mostly for men). My personal favorite: You have to be complete yourself in order to recognize that you've met your soulmate. (HERE,HERE!)

My thoughts and just my thoughts: I think it would be extremely difficult to awake one day and discover the man (or woman) you married isn't the one (whether or not you've met 'the one'), but I'm no marriage counselor and that's a sticky one. I think it would be great to have more than one soulmate, perhaps, as you grow and develop, so does your soul and thus the need for a new soulmate, should your current not advance as quickly as you. Still, the romantic in me believes in just one. A man who doesn't want to commit, doesn't need the excuse of you not being his soulmate...the writing's on the wall. Does anyone else have thoughts on the topic?

OVERHEARD: "I always want to know who's going to be in attendance at dinner parties. I make sure the hostess seats me next to a writer or a salesperson. For guaranteed fun, I say sit yourself right in the middle of them."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My understanding of a soul mate appears to be somewhat different...! A soul mate can be the love of your life. However, I believe a true soul mate is one which will indeed remain eternal and will most likely be encountered in more that one existence BUT (and it's a big BUT !)a soul mate is not necessarily a positive force and definately not always an object of physical desire or love. They appear in many forms and may be of either gender in each seperate existence.

In short, they can be equally negative as they can be wholly positive. The meetings will just continue until the lessons are learned (whatever they may be !!)

Sorry, very little romanticism from me I'm afraid !!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters