Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Novel Novels

Update on the novel novels, as I like to call them:

HER ESSENCE: waiting to hear back from two agents who requested the manuscript. Can’t wait, chomping at the bit…keep good, positive, successful thoughts going.

Taming Roland: 20,000 words, pp 75 (nice progress no?!)

About Bryant: 12,000 words, pp 45 (slower going, but in a nice groove with TR)

Identified a few contest to enter. Will keep you all updated on this as well.

Feedback from reader 1: ‘Taming Roland’ “I couldn’t put it down. It captured my attention from the very beginning, and I knew I was going to get into it….It was very real.”

Good new huh!!! I’m working on not caring what others think of my work, but perhaps that will come after I’m published several times. Smile!

Yoga practice continues to improve…thankfully. Things are good on all fronts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job. I'm a writer too, so I know the struggles of early readings, daily writings and all. Are you writing two books simultaneously?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters