Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Confession

I can't believe it's been a week since I've written. In the blog that is. I've spent my time away well, writing: Taming Roland, entering contests and the sort. I have yet to finalize my contest submissions, but I'm very, VERY excited about them.

I have to confess to you, however. It seems that whenever I get on track with my writing...my passion, and true love (not withstanding Blythe, Yoga and Reflexology. Really, I could go on and on with my loves but who has the time?) an opportunity arises that seems better than all the rest. I get sucked right back into Corporate America with a single vow: It will be better this time! I have sworn off the corporate life (several times) in an effort to give writing a real go and thus giving in to the Bohemian lifestyle I believe I was made for, so I confess that I interviewed for a job.

This time it's an Assistant Vice President of Advertising position. Long, long ago I thought my world would revolve around advertising. Today, I know that I was wrong. Writing is my passion. I learned a lot about myself as I studied advertising in college, but I've learned so much more through writing(fodder for another blog).

Anyhow, here I am faced with yet ANOTHER distraction from my writing. This is indeed the perfect job (and I know they all are until you accept the position). So I interviewed Friday. We'll see what happens. I will keep you posted, as I only interviewed and they did not demand that I take the job on the spot (what are they crazy...or just psychic???)

Have a great weekend, do something fun, *SPRING* is near here in Chicago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vixen said...

Writing is my passion as well. I know what you mean. Good luck with the job, I hope they call you.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks V. Although I'm not sure if I want them to call me...but I will be highly offended if I don't get to the final round. Oh, my confusing life.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters