Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Christmas in April

Hi All! I am now well into my thirties (and very proud of it, but don't mistake me for anywhere past 35 thank you very much!In fact, let's just say I'm thirty). A strange and sad thing happened to me after I turned thirty: I stopped getting excited about Christmas, birthdays and all holidays in between.

I'm not sure why, how or exactly when (only noting that it happened after I turned 30)all this happened, but I noticed one day that I began to wait until the last moment to purchase Christmas presents-- like December 24th. I started sending e-cards to friends and family for their birthdays. I would forget that my own birthday, certainly a day of celebration, was forthcoming by July 2nd.

Fast forward (not that far!!!) to yesterday. I called the two agents who requested partials and fulls of HER ESSENCE. I just wanted to make sure they received my mailing (despite the fact that I paid the extra $0.50 to verify this fact online).

Agent A: "H has been out of the office for two weeks. I'm sure that's why she hasn't gotten back to you. I'll let her know you called."

Agent B: "Please leave a message after the beep..."

So today I check my agent email (much like I would imagine a crack addict would check his/her cell phone for messages from her pusher...is pusher the right word in 2006???) Anyhow, I had a message. Seeing that there was a message sent a number of thoughts through my clouded mind (going through something right now) and I was excited, anxious-- the good anxious-- and nervous (same thing, I know, but without my thesaurus at the moment.) I thought, "Here we go! An email can't be good news...I called them. This can not be it! Come on M or H...good news, good news. I've rearranged my ENTIRE house based on Feng Shui learnings (well, the first floor anyway)!!!"

I happened to purchase my favorite Merlot...now, please note, I am NOT a fan of Merlot, but Rutherford Hill was on sale and it's my favorite Merlot and the only Merlot I drink. I opened it because red gets things going according to Feng Shui philosophy, so I grabbed it. I digress...I switched to the writer email and then poured a glass of the Merlot. After a sip I opened the email message.

It was from agent A. She received my partial and my message. She's been on vacation for two weeks and looks forward to reading HER ESSENCE. Will get back to me soon...begs forgiveness....

At that moment, I experienced Christmas, Birthday...which isn't until July...the 24th to be exact for those taking note and would like to send a gift (I am a Leo for gosh sake) and all favorite holidays in between. The anticipation was a huge rush. One I haven't felt in a long time.

That's how I know I'm on the right path, my path, the one I was meant to be on. I didn't feel this way when my headhunter called me regarding my interview Friday...in fact, I just felt anxious (the bad anxious). My joy is back. I'm doing this for me, despite the outcome. Really and truly! Okay, maybe for Blythe and me...or for the young, old, and all in between women of all races...and men who are enlightened. (I'd hate to offend and cut off a potential reader/buyer). I can't wait until you read HER ESSENCE...and it is amazing. I look forward to getting it out there for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very real...inspirational email. Much luck in your writing endeavors.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters