Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy Birthday To MEEEEEEEeeeee

Today is my birthday...all of 24, so I guess a golden birthday (smile!). Every year is a golden birthday when your birthday is 24/7! I truly love the numbers in my birthday. I always have.

Anyhow. Today got off to an odd start. I was attacked by a dragonfly. No, it was not a dream, hullicination or a result of a hang over. It was real. And the bastard wanted a piece of me. It started when I lifted the garage door and went back into the house. When I returned to the car and attempted to walk around the back of car to get to the driver's side, and there my nemesis just kind of floated. Hoovering, daring me to walk by it.

What was I to do? Go back in the house? WTF, It's my birthday and I had things to do. So, yes, I went back in the house. But for just a moment. I procrastinated long enough to let the dragonfly leave on its own...peacefully. I didn't want any trouble and I never want to kill anything on my birthday (just big talk...it had me running scared).

So. I went back out and there it was...looming. I walked around the front of the car (manuvering between bikes, spider webs and odd boxes all alike!) jumped in the car and quickly powered on and shut all the windows. My big FU to the dragon fly. As I backed out, it kept flying toward the car, buzzing and charging...I guess the bug's big FU to me. I let the garage door down, and no, it just could not go down quickly enough. But it never made it in. Instead, it turned its attention to me and kept at me until I left my own domicle.

It followed me for awhile, but turned back, as I was gunning it at 50 mph in a 30...luckily no cops were around, although I planned to pull the birthday card out if need be (or the legs...which ever would work under these cirumstances).

Was it a sign? Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing???? Dragon flies? Yikes! Was it just saying Happy Birthday?!?!?!?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what I found on a website regarding dreams:

Dream symbol: dragonfly
dragonfly, dragonflies

Interpretation:
Creating an illusion or fantasizing
Being deluded or deceived
Being attuned to the elements and in harmony with creation
Creating magic
Needing to be open to change, abandoning inflexibility
Being all that you're capable of being

Hope it helps!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And happy birthday!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Icould deal with that...if it were a dream. Not a dream it was in real life. I can understand the abandoning inflexibilty and being capable of all you're meant to be. I awoke this morning at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep...maybe this was the dream I was meant to have?????

3:39 PM  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Happy Birthday! Look on the bright side, it wasn't a gigantic waterbug--yes, I myself have had a few run ins with these skanky little creatures as of late and I gotta tell you, they are really gross and scare the living daylights out of me.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!!!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Aisha, I'm not sure how I would handle the waterbug thing. Let's just say it wouldn't be pretty (but at least they don't fly). Good luck. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Vixen said...

Happy Birthday in arrears. Been a busy week over here.

((((HUGZ))))

10:08 PM  
Blogger Crashdummie said...

Hey, Happy b'lated b'day!
Hope you had a fab day!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hey everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes (the party's still going strong!)

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters