Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Turning Back the Clock

Have I expressed how much I LOVE yoga? Just once or twice?

Sunday's practice started out pleasantly enough. We started out slowly. We stretched things out on the mat and then moved on to more challenging poses. This is a yoga II class, so we tend to push the envelope a bit. In yesterday's practice, we engaged Urdhva Dhanurasana or wheel pose. It's a back bend.

I haven't done a back bend in forever. And for that matter, I haven't attempted to stand on my head in many years either. All of this 'yoga play' lightened my heart, and I found myself revisiting those years when I was able to twist, bend and turn my body around as if it were an after thought. It was refreshing and fun...and invigorating (as back bends tend to be).

So...I haven't asked in a while, have you tried yoga yet? No? Give it a shot. It's one quick way to turn back the clock and revisit those innocent years. Can't beat that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aisha T. said...

Just got back to the city and about to take a class from one of my fav instructors (we got certified to teach at the same studio). If I had any doubts of going, you certainly have dashed them away! I absolutely ADORE practicing yoga--even when things are tough or I 'can't'get them. Gives me me a good reason--in addition to many--to keep coming back!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That coupled with all the colorful mats, blocks and bands make a complete romper room picture. Great blog!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Aisha, I didn't know you were certified...I'm certainly jealous! Good for you. And glad I could help!

Anon, you're right. It brings you right back to that safe, comfortable place. Practice well, and namaste.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't tried yoga. I've always been interested in it. Just never know where to start. Thanks for the constant *smile* reminder.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters