Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Perfect End to Summer

The last few days have been odd. That is the only way to describe them. I have gone through every imaginable emotion. Right. All of them. The good news is that my hair isn’t falling out (as it tends to do when I’m stressed.)

It’s really funny, I have been calling every day this week the 23rd. I’ve post dated checks (quite by accident!), but it has just seemed that every day this week, I’ve thought it was the 23rd.

Laure brought it to my attention ever so gently that fall begins on the 23rd. I boldly proclaimed that this past Tuesday (19th) was the first day of fall…and I’m not sure what even prompted this declaration as I only know that 6/21 is the first day of Summer. I've always looked forward to Summer...never Fall. So, that said, there’s something to this date. I know not what it is, but I do look forward to it (obviously!)

And Summer WILL end perfectly. It rained all morning (and yes, I was up to witness it all…12:40-3:00 or so!) It has been gray for the majority of the day and even this evening, it’s raining still…but the sun’s out. Brightly. And there are not one, but two rainbows just outside my window. Yes: rain, bright sunshine, and two beautiful rainbows at 6:30 pm will mark the end of Summer 2006 for me. I’m going to bed right now! Or very soon, anyway.

Happy Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters