Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Thanks Laure

I received this comment via Laure. Normally I shun this type of answer/question because people can be very judgmental and all...that and I can be shallow and I'd rather not show this side of me. BUT Laure has gone above and beyond to even respond so...here's her comment:

And which four famous people (alive or dead right now) would you invite to a dinner party and why?(They can be from different eras and genres but must "bring to the table" something of which you wish to encounter. Your blog looks great! Cheers!- Laure

So, I thought about my four and I took painstakingly long and my system booted me out and I had to restart (and yes, I was rather upset as I hadn't saved a thing...) and thus, here we go again... my four for dinner:

Zadie Smith. I am currently reading her book, On Beauty, and I have chosen it for book club this quarter. We will discuss it then, but even before completion, I am in love with her ability to transport the reader there. Wherever there is. I would love to tap her brain, so I would hold her hostage until she read at least two novels or partials and would give me her feedback and constructive criticism. I chose this book for a reason, and it keeps revealing itself as I read.

Prince. I love Prince. He’s a musical genius and while he might be aloof with the other guests, he would certainly entertain his hostess (me!) with either music or talk. Two birds…one stone.

Brad Pitt. Yes, this straddles the shallow, but really, there are things that he and Angie are involved in, that I know if I got just a moment of time…10 minutes…okay 30. As the first 20 would be devoted to wooing him away from Angie. Anyway, in my 10 minutes, I know that I could convince him to throw a few funds my way as it pertains to several NFPs I would like to fund/start/steward.

Lastly??? (read: last but not least) Okay, I’ll get slightly political and say Oprah. Miss O has a lot of pull and this coup would be like killing a village with a pellet. She, alone, could be instrumental in the NFPs, the books, the columns I would like to claim editor to, and all the good I’d like to see done.

That was tough. For me, as I’m always forward thinking and would like to see positive change and would benefit from movers and shakers who share my viewpoint and can lend a helping hand. So…at least Laure…who are your four? But know, I'm interested in everyone's responses.

Oh, and if you just plan to judge...move on.

A

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picks A!

I'd invite Cleopatra and Sharon Stone, as to have some like-minded strong feminine, sensual and savvy minds/bodies at my dinner table.

Larry David would be there(Curb Your Enthusiasm) to provide the right nebish humor, as every bright dinner party needs that.

And Bogart would sit across from me; for charm factor, and so that I could hear the words directly as he raised his glass and pulsed into my eyes and being with: "Here's lookin' at you Kid!"

I would serve my signature coffee dusted filet steaks, and a special Caprese salad with real buffalo motz, and some avocado and mango to doctor it up with a bit of sultry taste and color. Drizzled Spanish olive oil and black natural sea salt from Hawaii, and cracked black pepper would gently kiss the top of the food -all served on one giant plate in the center, from which we all would gorge.

Copious bottles of both Broquel Malbec from Argentina, Tempus blend from Spain, and Qunitessa meritage from California, would don the table.

Sinatra and Diana Krall, the music of the evening.

Oh - and should we include 5, then you know I would of course invite you Andrea! (For the strong women's corner). Cheers! - Laure

4:00 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

L: Hmmm...it seems you've played before. AND I LOVE Larry David. I'd rbe honored to attend!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters