Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Airports

Whenever I travel, no matter what airport, someone always stops me.

“Aren’t you…(Lola’s second daughter, that reporter in the Observer, my future ex-wife…).”

This idea of mistaken identity is only fun in one airport…LAX. That’s right, Los Angeles. In other airports…this isn’t much fun at all as I’m usually thought to be someone’s friends ex-girlfriend, daughter, or grand daughter.

I go out of my way to be mistaken in LAX, where I don a big floppy hat and sunglasses and walk really fast trying desperately not to be noticed, when really, it’s all about being noticed. Although, I always act like the bitchy starlet (sorry Sanaa) and get all irritated if I’m discovered (ha!). This way, perhaps they won’t ask for an autograph, only to find it says ‘Andrea Wright’ and not whoever they thought I was.

In LAX, there are always eager tourists wandering about trying to enhance their vacation experience by spotting a celeb (that’s just the world we live in folks!) and who am I not to allow someone that particular pleasure? Just don’t ask me for an autograph and be happy with the sighting!

It’s happened, the mistaken identity. A gentleman, fresh off a flight, had seen Love and Basketball on the plane and swore I was Sanaa Lathan. And he wouldn’t let it go. This happened in Las Vegas actually, so I didn’t have my gear and wasn’t prepared for the confrontation.

It ended well. He left me be and I won $250.00 playing blackjack! Ahh life, can’t beat it! Of course, today, I propably can't carry on my sunglasses....or the hat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-Ha! I think they'll let you carry on your super star gear. Funny blog!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters