Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fairy Tales

We all have a fairy tale in the back of our minds. And for some of us, it’s in the fore front. For me, I think it was buried way down deep in my subconscious until recently. It came to me one day when I glanced at my right foot..

As a child, I never had a picture in my head about whom I would marry or how I would marry. And for that matter, what marriage would be like, but I do recall telling my a family member that I would be proposed to three times; so far, just twice unless you count drunken proposals, which I don’t, and just once with an actual engagement ring.

In my thirties, I have formulated my idea of the perfect man for me. He’s a combination of some men I’ve met and all the men, as I’ve idealized them. In my fairy tale, I imagine that my perfect guy, upon meeting me, instantly (but subtly and with tact) checks my right foot on the left side for a mole, or beauty mark, as he’ll call it. I know, I know, it’s a long shot that a man would be that intuitive and dream of a girl with a beauty mark on her right foot, but it’s a girl’s dream, and a girl has a right to dream. AND as long as it’s my dream, it’ll be whatever I want.

Whether or not it is to be that specific, this fairy tale tells me so much. I want to be with someone who will have a sensitive, intuitive, and spiritual side that’s developed and real. That’s not to say that I won’t date anyone who’s not scoping out my feet. I’ll date him. But I’ll keep a keen look out for his intuitive nature and sense of adventure. I know that that’s important to me now.

What's your fairy tale?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog. I like that it's not about a prince charming (mr. handsome), but about his character and spirituality. I don't know what my fairy tale is. I'm still dreaming.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Vixen said...

For some reason, it's always raining. My fairytale is the handsome guy that lends me his built for two umbrella. We end up having a nice witty conversation as he goes out of my way to walk me to my destination. Which would mean he's intelligent, kind and has that whole "Knight in Shining Armor" bit down just right. Although....i still haven't deciphered what the rain is all about!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Trish, thanks for the compliment. Keep dreaming...aren't they fun?

Vixen, I hear that rain is lucky at weddings, and in dreams it symbolizes a fresh start, cleansing or something that is refreshing or invigorating to you.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fairy tales are secret. If I speak of them they may be gone.... (Speaking of which, where have your 2005 blogs gone? Pls bring back the links. I love re-reading and new groupees may need the benefit of our growth path !)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Good question J! I'll look into it. The early stuff was some of the funniest!

Thanks for kind words (even if you won't play...;)

6:36 AM  
Blogger nitewalk6 said...

From a man's perspective.... it would indeed be a special man that would be forward enough to examine your feet at first meeting unless he is a foot doctor or has a fetish. Most guys would expect to be slapped even if they asked for approval first.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Nitewalk6, thanks for the man's perspective. I guess that's why it's a fantasy...probably won't happen in reality. That and I live in Chicago where the temps allow for about three months of sandal wearing. (Remember, he's supposed to be subtle and tactful;)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters