Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Change

It's fall. Officially. And it even snowed yesterday, and I believe that is the earliest snowfall that I have experienced in my lifetime. I could be wrong, as I have not checked my facts, but regardless...

Change is difficult. For different reasons. Some of us like to know what to expect, for others, we like what we know, for others still, we can't function without structure.

I am a rare bird. I LIKE change. I don't like surprise, but I do like change. I would shrivel up and turn old with a job where I could predict what would happen day after day. The variety would keep me young and fresh. And yes, I am young and fresh and I'll be so well after 80.

I enjoy the change in season. I enjoy the fact that as the trees change, it also changes my view and I lose my sense of direction because things have changed seemingly overnight.

At a red light, I watched as hawks glided and circled overhead, perhaps looking for lunch, children, favorite trees and the sort. It was a sight to see. They were large and beautiful and majestic. They rarely flapped their wings as they allowed the wind (which was rather high) to propel them about. I couldn't help but to think that they were making the best of change. They were embracing it.

It was a lesson, I too, will embrace. I have embraced. As this season is moving from warm to cool, I too, may circulate in a similar fashion. Change is a beautiful thing. Embracing it, allows for authenticity and growth. And in the words of Blythe, "What could be better?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters