Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Resolve!

Often, the end of the year sparks a flurry of activity. Namely resolutions that bring countless numbers of people to my once sparse yoga class, creating havoc, irritation and ill will (so un-yoga!) as all jockey for the coveted blue mat marking their space and ‘winning’ the opportunity to practice yoga that day. By February, the classes are back to normal with the “resolutioners” finally dropping off and restoring normalcy. Really it’s enough to make me consider not practicing yoga at the healthclub in January.

The thought of this phenomenon that is to take place tomorrow, it sparked a thought or two. The most popular resolutions revolve around health, happiness, love and prosperity:
· I will loose weight
· I will meet Mr(s). (Wright...oops) Right
· I will arrange the house via feng shui tradition
· I will start my own business

It goes on and on. But there’s no reflection on the year that has just passed, and without learning from our mistakes/experiences/triumphs nothing really happens in the new year that’s so different from the last (and the cycle goes on and on…)

Why will you lose weight this year? Because something in 2006 made you believe that it will be in your best interest to do so. There’s a always a why that can be linked to big life changing decisions—many we’d rather forget, but then, by forgetting, the lesson’s lost and perhaps doomed to be repeated.

All who really know me, know that I do not live in the past, but what they may not know is that I take the opportunity to reflect and learn from past events and carry the cherished knowledge with me until I can claim it as learned (and thus checking off that box.)

So, sometime before the countdown begins, won’t you, too, take a moment to reflect, remember and record what was really important in 2006? What made it special? What did you learn bout yourself? How did you grow? And then, perhaps reflect on what you really want in 2007. Perhaps it’s not at all what you originally thought.
*** Please note, blogger beta has been down, and this is a post from 12/31/06!!! Happy New Year!***

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters