Andrea Rants: Insights, Thoughts, and Opinions

MY thoughts, insights and opinions on things in MY life. I'm not asking for your judgment. Enjoy...or not.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Corporate America 12 year veteran. I've held positions ranging from Customer Service to Sr. Manager to Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Novelist. I've always written. My first book was penned (or rather, penciled) at the tender age of six, and every moment since, I have been writing this short story or that novel. My first novel is a work of fiction: Her Essence, a Mystery/Thriller. I am in the process of writing my first non-fiction book, which incorporates my life coaching methodologies and philosphies as well as other thrillers: Taming Roland, About Bryant, and the sequel to Her Essence.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why so Dairy

Just as spinach comes back, and I can freely order it, I’m thrown a twist. My skin is now reacting badly to dairy. It always has I think, if I put two and two together and get four, but it just seems to be highlighted more so now somehow! Dairy is in EVERYTHING!!!!

From vegetables to proteins to grains…it’s in everything…milk and cheese…what’s a girl to do?

I remember a few years ago a doctor I’d visited for an annual check-up questioned me about my calcium intake. I proudly told her that I wouldn’t be engaging in the white or yellow stuff, and she seemed more than irritated with me.

“If you won’t drink milk, what about ice cream or cheese?”

“Bleech!” I thought. That was several years ago. And today, I’m no closer to her goal of getting me excited about dairy. I just ordered a salad/sandwich combo. I left the Parmesan on the salad, but had them remove the jalapeno jack off the sandwich. In my defense, I have discovered a chocolate calcium supplement that’s actually tasty! 500 miligrams…did I mention that it was milk or dark chocolate…stop it!

Could it be the panacea I’ve been waiting for...calcium without the dastardly deeds of dairy!

Regardless, I’ve upped my water intake. I know, I know, too much information. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counters